Iron Mountain Manager, Technical Accounting, Data Centers in Austin, Texas
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
Technical Accounting, Data Center The Manager, Technical Accounting will be the primary resource in addressing complex global accounting issues affecting the Controllership & Accounting organization of Iron Mountain Data Centers (IMDC).
As IMDC’s primary technical accounting expert, you will be responsible for supporting the business with accounting advice and expertise in various strategic transactions the business may contemplate and undertake.
● Revenue recognition guidance associated with customer leases (including hyperscale tenants).
● Real estate development accounting, including ensuring the Company’s policy with respect to development accounting is consistently applied across the business’s various ongoing construction projects.
● Lease accounting for IMDC’s leased data center assets.
● Vendor arrangements, including renewable power purchase arrangements associated with IMDC’s renewable energy strategy.
● Support various alternative means of financing that IMDC may explore, including joint venture financing.
● Partner with one of Iron Mountain’s Accounting Centers of Excellence (e.g. Revenue Recognition COE, M&A COE) for support on certain transactions, including M&A.
● Strategically advise the business on various transactions in an effort to achieve desired financial statement results, including the understanding of income tax implications of strategic transactions the business contemplates and liaising with our Tax function for support.
● Work with the finance business partner organization in order to align on budgeting and forecasting implications of various transactions.
● Technical accounting support provided will often include documenting conclusions in detailed memorandums that are vetted internally and circulated amongst key stakeholders. Responsible for vetting various technical accounting conclusions with the Company’s external auditors.
● Responsible for the accuracy of the information that IMDC reports on a quarterly basis in the Company’s supplemental reporting package, including IMDC’s rent roll and development schedule.
● Supported by the Company’s global COE on statutory reporting, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of the statutory audits of all global
IMDC legal entities. Key Skills, Requirements and Competencies:
● 8-10 years of experience in Accounting with Technical expertise.
● CPA required.
● Minimum of 6 years of financial statement audit and reporting experience at a public accounting firm and/or a large, multi-national public company required.
● Role requires frequent interaction with other corporate departments and senior management and a broad understanding of their role and contributions to the operation of the Company.
● Requires in-depth knowledge of US GAAP, audit experience, and broad and comprehensive understanding of key functional areas relevant to the business.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE