Iron Mountain Senior Director, Financial Planning and Analysis in Boston, Massachusetts
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
The Senior Director, Commercial Finance is responsible for leading financial management processes for commercial deal underwriting, the Global Industries (GI) sales team, Marketing, overall selling costs and in-year revenue planning. This includes support of GI Vertical Sales, Strategic Deals and Partnerships, Sales and Product Enablement functions, Middle Office, and Global Marketing. As a Senior Director, Finance and business partner, this individual will help enable and drive revenue growth while managing costs throughout the organization through various activities including budgeting, modeling, forecasting, deal structuring, and reporting tailored to enable decision-making. This position will be a key member of the Iron Mountain Business Finance leadership team and the extended Commercial leadership team.
The role requires the ability to understand and apply specific business knowledge in an effort to
anticipate potential problems and force timely resolutions. Additionally, this position requires frequent interaction with business line Executive management; therefore, strong presentation and communication skills are necessary. This position will need to resolve complex issues, as well as provide guidance and advice to the business around various growth and cost enabling strategies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
● Partner with Commercial EVP, Global Industries SVP, Sales Operations SVP, Marketing Leadership
and members of the Finance leadership team to drive profitable growth and continuous
● Build a high functioning, diverse team with the capabilities to deliver analytics that ensure key
business performance issues and opportunities are highlighted to management and ensure that
the Finance team is well positioned to influence results.
● Own the commercial deal review process, inclusive of standards for how Global Records & Information Management assesses deal economics, reviews and tracks deals from pipelinegeneration to signature, and how delegation of authority for deal approval is defined.
● Advise Commercial team on structure of incentive plans and serve on Sales Equity and Fairness Committee to manage disputes and outliers in sales compensation
● Coordinate global investment asks to fund growth, inclusive of strategic workforce planning with HR and Sales Operations as part of annual and multi-year forecasting routines
● Provide accurate and timely reporting of actual vs. budget results. Work with business managers
to analyze variances and identify trends.
● Lead Global Industries, Marketing, and other commercial support functions’ annual Multi-Year Planning (MYP) and budget processes, including timely rollup and presentation of the overall business plans. Drive performance management and day to day operations to meet planned targets.
● Connect non-Financial leading indicators to pace expected financial results and direct functions to manage costs accordingly
● Prepare quarterly consolidated forecasts, leveraging data and influence to achieve targets
● Provide strategic financial and operational analysis to help senior management make informed
decisions regarding direction of business
● Lead cross-functional / cross-divisional projects and programs, in particular as it relates to the
estimation of pipeline conversion to bookings and ultimately recognized revenue across the
company’s regional P&Ls
● Train, manage, and develop domestic and international teams
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field
● 10+ years of progressive financial experience focused on providing budget, forecast and business analysis support within a large, global corporation (ideally gained through performing a mix of Corporate and Business Unit roles while working in a matrixed environment)
● Strong people manager with ability to manage teams and to develop talent at various levels and locations. Develop a team that is highly competent, business-minded, growth oriented, diverse and inclusive, and motivated.
● Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills strongly preferred.
● Key capabilities and competencies include: talent management, attention to detail, initiative, communication, analytical skills, relationship management, consultation, critical evaluation, leadership and navigation, ethical practice.
● Strong analytical skills needed to synthesize large quantities of data, identify trends and drivers, and distill them into insightful analysis for senior management.
● Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions, work in a collaborative style and become a sought-out financial business partner.
● Passion for driving and delivering results to provide valuable performance analysis and reporting on a timely basis to help facilitate decision making
● Act as an advocate and role model for understanding cost drivers and cost control.
● Creative thinker who promotes communication, fosters teamwork across the organization, and achieves consensus; excellent interpersonal skills
Iron Mountain is a global leader in storage and information management services trusted by more than 225,000 organizations in 60 countries. We safeguard billions of our customers’ assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and invaluable cultural and historic artifacts. Take a look at our history here.
Iron Mountain helps lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable digital and sustainable solutions, whether in information management, digital transformation, secure storage and destruction, data center operations, cloud services, or art storage and logistics. Please see our Values and Code of Ethics for a look at our principles and aspirations in elevating the power of our work together.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE