Iron Mountain Data Center, Supervisor, Safety & Security in Edison, New Jersey
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here, you will be part of a team that doesn’t just embrace what’s exceptional. It creates exceptional.
The Supervisor, Safety & Security will manage the development and implementation of an effective security strategy and life safety program for the assigned Data Center; to mitigate risk, and safeguard personnel, company and customer information, physical assets, and the Iron Mountain brand. The Supervisor will execute daily management of the Iron Mountain Data Center (IMDC) security program to align it with IMDC and corporate objectives, policies, and standards. They will recruit, organize, and manage on-site security personnel, and be responsible for their training and performance. This position will report to the Manager, Safety & Security. The Supervisor, Safety & Security must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be committed to building a talented, service-oriented team with a focus on customer satisfaction.
● Manage physical security operations, access control, CCTV, and other physical security systems for assigned Iron Mountain center’s and provide support for the Iron Mountain business unit to ensure safety and security of personnel, clients, visitors, vendors, property, and assets of the company.
● Manage Security team work schedule. Escalation point to the afterhours on-call rotation. This will include managing the investigation, mitigation, and recovery of the issue(s) to completion.
● Review staff’s performance, identify training needs, develop training plans, and plan training sessions to improve the quality of service and staff development.
● Conduct incident response and investigations for assigned IMDC site(s) in coordination with Iron Mountain Global Safety, Risk, and Security (GSRS) management.
● Provide a thorough analysis of security risks and the development of appropriate mitigating strategies.
● Collaborate with the onsite IMDC management team on Safety and Business Continuity programs, procedures, and protocols.
● Coordinate Emergency Response and related evacuation planning and drills. Develop strong liaison and coordinate with emergency first responders (police/fire) as needed.
● Manage safety, First Aid/CPR/AED training, and response.
● Ensure Officers have DCJS registrations and that they are up to date.
● Run projects and other assigned duties as needed.
Key Skills, Requirements, and Competencies:
● 3-5 years of experience in Security.
● Knowledge of automated security intrusion detection, access control, CCTV, lighting, and other related systems and equipment, as well as possess an understanding of life safety issues, have a general understanding of fire suppression systems.
● Ability to learn and collaborate effectively with Operations, IT, Real estate, Procurement, HR, and Legal.
● Must be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience, and professionalism during stressful situations.
● Computer experience (GSuite preferred), able to create and manipulate spreadsheet information.
● Candidates need to possess the skills to deliver professional, helpful, high-quality service meeting the needs and desires of our customers.
● Must have excellent interpersonal, administrative, and communication skills, as well as strong leadership traits in order to deal effectively with colleagues, visitors, and customers.
● Effective written and verbal communication skills.
● Candidates should hold US Government PT/SC/TS security clearance or be able to obtain clearance when requested.
● US Citizenship is required.
US: Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications under applicable federal, state, or local laws in making employment decisions.
Category: Security Group
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE