Iron Mountain Art Collections Manager in New York, New York
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), founded in 1951 and ranked as a Forbes 2018 America’s Best Employers, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts. Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, data centers, cloud services and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working. Visit www.ironmountain.com for more information.
The Collections Manager is responsible for the client’s stored inventory, the movements, tracking and safety of their artwork, as well as coordinating the execution of services and projects for Crozier’s clients. This is a client facing role and plays an integral part in the collection management process managing both internal and external movement, in addition to the correct inventorying of artwork upon arrival.
• Develop, maintain and grow trusted relationships with clients while seeking opportunities to grow accounts and revenue
• Execution of services and requests for clients, working alongside our Account Managers and Project Managers as a client facing member of the team
• Liaise between clients and cross-functional internal teams of Account Managers and Project Managers to ensure timely and successful delivery of Crozier’s services (storage and movement of artwork) according to the client’s needs
• Perform site visits and client visits, to assess and evaluate the project regarding scope, risk and timeline
• Utilize a consultative approach to develop an estimate addressing client’s business needs
• Monitor services scheduled and project timeline, update client and account Manager regarding any changes in scope, particularly as they deviate from original estimate
• Assist with scheduling and coordinating artwork movements internally (i.e. private viewings) and externally (i.e. domestic shipping) • Verify and ensure accuracy on all necessary paperwork – contract creation and modifications, waybill documentation, proper crate labeling, shipping paperwork, etc.
• Maintain the CRM account of the client noting bailment and relevant movements of artworks
• Keep all CRM data on leads and projects updated so that our pipeline is as accurate as possible
• Inventory management:
o Participate in the physical inventory of high volume and high value requests
o Support operations team to accept inbound deliveries
o Ensure client’s inventory is labeled and assigned correctly both physically and within our inventory management system
• Implement standards for inventory management across Crozier facilities
2-4 years’ experience in a project coordinator/manager role
Knowledge of inventory management systems and Salesforce
Knowledge and passion for all things art related, including the latest industry advancements
Proven team player with a track record of strong project coordination/management
In-depth knowledge of Crozier’s full suite of services
Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across several teams/departments
Strong work ethic with an ability to manage workload while efficiently and effectively prioritizing responsibilities to meet deadlines
Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
Exceptional diligence and attention to detail as well as resourcefulness and quick, practical thinking in a demanding environment
Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
Strategic thinker who is solutions-oriented and proactive in problem solving
Salesforce CRM and International Shipping experience recommended, but not required
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.
Requisition # 2019-20159